Monday, March 31, 2014

One Direction Cookies

Reflecting back to my youth, I would say my first celebrity crush was John Schneider - he played Bo Duke on the television show the Dukes of Hazzard.  His posters hung on my bedroom walls and Friday nights were all about the show.

John Schneider as Bo Duke
My first musical crush was Mick Jagger of the Rolling Stones.  John Schneider's posters came down and Mick's posters went up.

Mick Jagger back in the early 1980s
But my biggest famous person crush was without a doubt John Taylor from the British band Duran Duran.  I was completely nuts about the entire band, but the bassist was, in my opinion, absolute perfection - that accent, those broad shoulders (that could have been the 1980's shoulder pads), his fashion sense, his swagger and all those sexy videos!

John Taylor, 1980s
Duran Duran - even today their music lifts my spirits and brings me back to my teenage years
Recently, another British band has a lot of females swooning.  One Direction, a group of good-looking young men, has Kristyna all worked up and her friend CJ wanted to surprise her with custom One Direction cookies!  It was my pleasure of course, especially since the very talented Sweet Sugar Belle had created a fun tutorial that I used as inspiration!  Kristyna's special love is band member Niall and we even managed to convince her he loved her back by creating the centerpiece cookie with his and her initials (yes, any of you die-hard One Direction fans know I messed up his initials, but fixed them before delivery!!)



So, who was your biggest celebrity crush?

No comments:

Post a Comment