Friday, March 2, 2012

Wedding Reception Cake & Cookies

After a small and beautiful Cuban wedding at Christmas time, Sarie and Larry planned a reception closer to home for the family and friends who could not attend the wedding.  Using their invitation as inspiration, I was asked to create a cake and bonbonnieres for their guests.  This project was a labour of love and the gold and cream invitation provided a great jumping off point to create the two-tiered cake and matching cookies.

I achieved the golden flowers on the cake with fondant and royal icing and used 24 carat edible lustre dust to bring some sparkle to the cake. 


For the cookies I used royal icing in various shades and used the 24 carat edible lustre dust on a few of the flowers' elements to bring in the sparkle.  I wrapped each cookie in a celephane bag that I finished with a card thanking the guests.  Wishing you a happy life together, Sarie and Larry!

No comments:

Post a Comment